NCAA CENTRAL REGIONAL BULLET POINTS
• Event: NCAA Central Regional Tournament
• Dates: Thursday through Saturday, May 10-12, 2012
• Location: Ohio State Scarlet Course, Columbus, Ohio
• Par: 71
• Host: Ohio State University ( www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com )
• Format: 54- hole tournament- Three round tournament throughout three days
• Oregon Ducks Competing: Cassy Isagawa, Cheyenne Hickle, Cali Hipp, Raphaela Dyer, Ashley Edwards
• Tee Times (For Oregon): Fri. (5/10) 9:22 a.m. (EST), Sat. (5/11) 12:20 a.m. (EST), Sun. (5/12) 8:00am (EST).
• Results Live: golfstat.com
• Results Link: http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/index.cfm?tournament_id=3456
EUGENE, Ore.- The No. 21 University of Oregon women’s golf team was selected as the seventh seed out of the 24-teams in the NCAA Central Regional in Columbus, Ohio. The tournament will start on Thursday May 10th and go through Saturday May 12th. This is Oregon’s fifth straight postseason bid and 17th overall in schol history.
The Ducks will compete in a three-day, three-round NCAA Central Regional at the par-71 Ohio State Scarlet Course in Columbus, Ohio. Players will start teeing off at the par-71 course on holes 1 and 10 each day, with Oregon teeing off at 9:22am Thursday morning.
The top eight teams and the two individuals with the lowest scores, not from those teams from each regional will advance to the NCAA Championships. This year’s NCAA Championship finals will be held May 22-25 at the Vanderbilt Legends Club in Franklin, Tennessee and will be hosted by Vanderbilt University, Nashville.
UO is the 7th-highest seeded team in the 24-team Central Region field and each squad’s Golfstat rankings follow: Southern California (3), Auburn (4), Georgia (9), Vanderbilt (10), Tennessee (14), Ohio State (16), Oregon (21), North Carolina State (22), Florida State (28), Purdue (33), Arkansas (34), Mississippi (39), Kentucky (41), Texas State (45), South Florida (46), Notre Dame (49), UTSA (52), East Carolina (57), Michigan (60), Harvard (95), Butler (151), Siena (N/A), UNC Wilmington (N/A), Virginia (N/A).
Six individuals were also selected to the Central Regional field – Madeleine Shiels of Nebraska, Alex Buelow of Stetson, Rika Park of Miami (Fla.), Brittany Henderson of Coastal Carolina, Leticia Ras-Anderica of Miami (Fla.), Gabriella Wahl of East Tennessee State.