EUGENE, Ore.—The University of Oregon women’s golf program announced another impressive addition to its team as Marcella Pranovia signed with the Ducks for next fall. The Bali, Indonesia native competed at Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, Calif.
“We are excited to have Marcella next year,” said head coach Ria Scott. “Along with Cathleen, she rounds out our internationally-experienced additions. She has a great dynamic swing and is capable of going low. We are looking forward to what she can bring to the team and college golf setting.”
In the past year, Pranovia has really excelled and proven her talent as she finished in the top three in four tournaments. In July, she finished third in a field of 32 at Aaron’s/Bob Estes Abilene Junior tournament, shooting a 72-80-72- 224. A couple weeks later, she finished first in the field of 118 at the Optimist International Junior Golf Championships after shooting 69-73-79-72-293. In August, she earned a third place finish in a field of 48 at The Beth Daniel Junior Azalea with a 70-69-139. At the 2012 Long Beach Junior Open, she finished second in a field of 15, shooting a 72-72-144.
Other career highlights include finishing 17th in the 31st Queen Sirikit Cup in 2009 and finishing as the top amateur in the Ladies Asian Golf Tour 2010 Indonesian Open with a 76-79-78-233.
The Ducks are losing seniors Cheyenne Burbank, Hanule Sky Seo and Avery Sills.
Ducks Announce Signing of International Star
Release Date: 04/18/2013
- Ducks Finish Strong at Regionals, Rewrite Record Books
- Ulep Moves to Fourth in Second Round at Regionals
- Ducks Shake Off Slow Start, Recover in Round One
- Women In Flight Fuels Golf Success
- Ducks Gear Up for NCAA Regionals in San Antonio
- Mercado Helps Spark Ducks Past Wolfpack In Supers
- Ducks Rally Falls Short In Game One
- NCAA Division I Menís and Womenís Outdoor Track & Field Championships Single Day Tickets on Sale Tuesday, May 26
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks