EUGENE, Ore. - The Oregon men's tennis team took an intense 5-2 victory against the University of Idaho on Saturday afternoon at the Student Tennis Center. Oregon captured all three doubles wins, and finished with four singles wins. In singles, Alexander Cornelissen lost the first set 6-7, but came back strong to win the next two, 6-0, 6-0. Duncan MacDonald-Korth pulled ahead to clinch the last singles match 6-4, 3-6, 7-5.
"It was a great college match," said head coach Nils Schyllander. "I am really proud of the guys for stepping up and coming out with the win. It was a great effort."
The Ducks are still undefeated in the doubles this season.
Check out the Ducks this Sunday at 9 a.m. live on goducks.com against Portland State University.
Final Doubles Scores:
1. Verdasco/Cornelissen (UO) def. Simon/Reed (Idaho), 9-8 (5)
2. Bjerke/Mortera (UO) def. Kuznetsov/Glukhov (Idaho), 8-2
3. Clissold/Izquierdo (UO) def. Joitoiu/Akbar (Idaho), 9-8 (5)
Final Singles Scores:
1. Cornelissen (UO) def. Kuznetsov (Idaho), 6-7, 6-0, 6-0
2. Verdasco (UO) def. Reed (Idaho), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5
3. Simon (Idaho) def. Mortera (UO), 7-5, 4-6, 6-3
4. Glukhov (Idaho) def. Bjerke (UO), 6-3, 6-0
5. Clissold (UO) def. Joitoiu (Idaho), 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
6. MacDonald-Korth (UO) def. Shin (Idaho), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5