Men's Tennis Wraps Up Day One at PNW Intercollegiates
Release Date: 11/02/2012
In the northwest singles bracket, freshman Brent Chin defeated Seattle’s Jason Bediones 6-0, 6-2, while the Ducks’ newest player Lova Randriamampandria took down Washington’s Dragos Puscalau 6-1, 6-2. He went on to defeat Gonzaga's Vladimir Mijatovic 6-1, 6-7, 6-1. Michael Schaeffer fell to Idaho’s Jake Knox 3-6, 6-4, 6-3. Top-seeded Aaron Clissold took down his first opponent in the round of 16 as he won his match against Eastern Washington's Stefan Farrar 6-1, 6-2.
In the Pacific singles bracket, fifth-seeded Jeff Mullen defeated Gonzaga’s Hayden Smith 6-2, 3-6, 6-1, while freshman Daan Maasland took down Lukas Kortas 6-0, 6-2, and second-seeded Robin Cambier beat Cesar Torres of Idaho 6-3, 7-5. Cambier advanced and beat Zach Kosanke 6-2, 6-0. Oregon’s Daniel Sardu was defeated by Portland’s Ratan Gill 7-5, 6-4. Maasland went on to defeat Idaho's fifth-seeded Abid Akbar 6-4, 6-4.
In doubles, third-seeded Aaron Clissold and Sardu took down Eastern Washington’s Aranguiz and Koetje 8-3 in the Pacific bracket. In the Northwest doubles bracket, Chin and Schaeffer defeated Washington’s Lunardi and Raman 9-7 in a tight match, while Maasland and Randriamampandria took down Portland State’s Chart and Triance 8-5.
Check back on GoDucks.com tomorrow for scores and reactions.
- Ducks Defeat UW 4-1, Secure Best Pac-12 Finish in 15 Years
- Home Finale, Senior Day on Tap for UO Men's Tennis
- Ducks Complete Road Sweep with 4-0 Win Over Utah
- Ducks Cruise By Arizona, Win 4-1 in Tucson
- Ducks Fly To Tucson, Salt Lake City for a Pair of Matches
- Prandini Goes Big With Two School Records, Ducks Win Big at Oregon Relays
- Costa's RBI Single Sinks Stanford
- Ducks Pound No. 10 USC 15-4
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks