Robin Cambier and Jeff Mullen competed in the second day of the ITA All-American Tournament in Tulsa, Okla. on Tuesday. After both losing on the in the qualifying round, the two Ducks came back strong in the qualifying consolation round.TULSA, Okla.—The University of Oregon’s
Cambier, a native of Brussels, Belgium, defeated the University of Tennessee’s Brandon Fickey 6-2 and 6-3 in straight sets.
Mullen, a native of Reno, Nevada, also defeated his opponent in straight sets as he took down the United States Air Force Academy’s Lance Wilhelm 7-6 and 6-3.
“I think the guys did a great job responding to some close losses yesterday,” said head coach Nils Schyllander. “We were able to win both our matches in straight sets today against some good competition. I’m excited about where we’re at this early in the fall season and we look to keep competing throughout the week.”
The Ducks practice tomorrow before starting doubles competition in Tulsa on Thursday.
Cambier and Mullen Strike Back at ITA All-American
Release Date: 10/02/2012
- Registration is Open for UO Camps
- Tennis Announces Spring Schedule
- Schyllander Signs Oregonian to NLI
- UO Signs Aussie, Cormac Clissold
- Maasland Wins Singles Title at PNW in Seattle, Wash.
- Notes: Ducks Close Out Non-Conference Schedule with Seattle U
- Ducks Ranked In Preseason Poll
- Bando Named Pac-12 Freshman of the Week
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks