Men's Tennis Duo Advances to Round of 8 at Regionals
Release Date: 10/21/2012
The top-seeded doubles team of senior Jeff Mullen and sophomore Robin Cambier took down the ninth-seeded duo of Reid DeLaubenfels and Sam MacNeil from Fresno State 8-2. The Ducks duo will compete in the doubles round of eight tomorrow morning.
UO’s only competitor left in the singles round of 16 was 11th-seeded Cambier, who unfortunately fell to fifth-seeded Matt Kandath from Stanford. The match was played at an extremely high level and was taken to three sets with Cambier falling 2-6, 6-3, 7-5. Mullen competed in the third round of the singles consolation and defeated Gonzaga’s Pablo Mosquera 6-3, 6-4.
“I’m pleased that we took care of business in doubles today and did what we needed to do in order to get through to the final eight tomorrow,” said head coach Nils Schyllander. “In singles, we had another lost battle with Robin. He played at a very, very high level and unfortunately, Stanford just came up with a few more shots in the end. Hopefully we can continue our doubles success tomorrow.”
Check back on GoDucks.com tomorrow to see how Oregon’s top doubles team fared in the round of eight.
- UO vs. UC Santa Barbara Match Canceled
- Pepperdine Comes Back and Wins 4-3 Over UO
- Southern California Road Swing On Tap for Ducks
- Ducks Trounce Broncos 6-1, Stevens Wins Ninth Straight
- Oregon Wipes Out Nebraska 7-0
- In The Dugout With The Ducks: Sights and Sounds From Saturday's Win At UCSB
- Ducks Qualify 25 Entries to NCAA Championships
- Alleyne, Bando Earn Pac-12 Honors
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks