Men's Tennis Duo Advances to Round of 8 at Regionals
Release Date: 10/21/2012
The top-seeded doubles team of senior Jeff Mullen and sophomore Robin Cambier took down the ninth-seeded duo of Reid DeLaubenfels and Sam MacNeil from Fresno State 8-2. The Ducks duo will compete in the doubles round of eight tomorrow morning.
UO’s only competitor left in the singles round of 16 was 11th-seeded Cambier, who unfortunately fell to fifth-seeded Matt Kandath from Stanford. The match was played at an extremely high level and was taken to three sets with Cambier falling 2-6, 6-3, 7-5. Mullen competed in the third round of the singles consolation and defeated Gonzaga’s Pablo Mosquera 6-3, 6-4.
“I’m pleased that we took care of business in doubles today and did what we needed to do in order to get through to the final eight tomorrow,” said head coach Nils Schyllander. “In singles, we had another lost battle with Robin. He played at a very, very high level and unfortunately, Stanford just came up with a few more shots in the end. Hopefully we can continue our doubles success tomorrow.”
Check back on GoDucks.com tomorrow to see how Oregon’s top doubles team fared in the round of eight.
- Ducks Stem the Tide, Defeat No. 36 Alabama
- Tar Heels Take Down the Ducks, 4-0
- Ducks Hit the Road, Head To UNC
- Farin Snags Pac-12 Weekly Honor
- Ducks Fight Off Lions, Start 3-0
- Ducks Look To Show Growth In Rematch With Arizona
- UO Soccer Camp Registration Is Now Open
- 2014 Season Review: Defensive line
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks