Men's Tennis Wraps Up Day One at PNW Intercollegiates
Release Date: 11/02/2012
In the northwest singles bracket, freshman Brent Chin defeated Seattle’s Jason Bediones 6-0, 6-2, while the Ducks’ newest player Lova Randriamampandria took down Washington’s Dragos Puscalau 6-1, 6-2. He went on to defeat Gonzaga's Vladimir Mijatovic 6-1, 6-7, 6-1. Michael Schaeffer fell to Idaho’s Jake Knox 3-6, 6-4, 6-3. Top-seeded Aaron Clissold took down his first opponent in the round of 16 as he won his match against Eastern Washington's Stefan Farrar 6-1, 6-2.
In the Pacific singles bracket, fifth-seeded Jeff Mullen defeated Gonzaga’s Hayden Smith 6-2, 3-6, 6-1, while freshman Daan Maasland took down Lukas Kortas 6-0, 6-2, and second-seeded Robin Cambier beat Cesar Torres of Idaho 6-3, 7-5. Cambier advanced and beat Zach Kosanke 6-2, 6-0. Oregon’s Daniel Sardu was defeated by Portland’s Ratan Gill 7-5, 6-4. Maasland went on to defeat Idaho's fifth-seeded Abid Akbar 6-4, 6-4.
In doubles, third-seeded Aaron Clissold and Sardu took down Eastern Washington’s Aranguiz and Koetje 8-3 in the Pacific bracket. In the Northwest doubles bracket, Chin and Schaeffer defeated Washington’s Lunardi and Raman 9-7 in a tight match, while Maasland and Randriamampandria took down Portland State’s Chart and Triance 8-5.
Check back on GoDucks.com tomorrow for scores and reactions.
- Maasland Defeats Ranked Foe In 6-1 Loss To USC
- Ducks Unable to Take Down No. 15 UCLA on the Road
- Ducks Face So Cal Schools To Kick Off Pac-12 Competition
- UO Concludes Non-Conference Play With Emphatic 7-0 Win
- Pacific Travels to Eugene for Ducks' Final Non-conference Match
- Notes: No. 1 Ducks Meet No. 10 Bruins in Los Angeles
- Newcomers Nelson, Amadi Add Intrigue To Rebuilt Secondary
- Struggles On Diamond Continue With 6-4 Loss To Portland
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks