No. 33 Ducks Head to Houston to Face Texas A&M Corpus Christi and Rice
Release Date: 03/13/2013
The Islanders are coming off of a 4-3 Wednesday victory over Southern Mississippi in Corpus Christi, while the Owls last competed on March 9th in a home doubleheader against Penn State (L, 4-3) and Abilene Christian (W, 4-0). Four of Rice’s five victories have come at home this season.
The Ducks enter the weekend with a 12-1 record, having won their last four matches. Oregon is an impressive 34-3 in doubles, having won every single doubles point this season. In singles, UO has also had success, posting a 61-17 overall record. Courts 3 and 4 have been especially strong for the Ducks as they have posted 12-1 records in each.
Leading the Ducks individually are junior Alex Rovello and freshman Daan Maasland, who both have 12-1 singles records thus far. Oregon’s top duo of junior Robin Cambier and senior Jeff Mullen has posted a 10-1 record, while Rovello and Maasland have teamed up to post an 11-0 record.
A full recap with statistics from each match will be available following action Houston, Tex. on the UO athletics website, www.goducks.com
- UO Tennis Earns Seven Players on All-Academic Team
- Pair of Ducks Named to Pac-12 All-Conference Team
- Schyllander Signs Top Junior from Indonesia
- Swaysland Earns ITA Award, Internship with Wilson
- Oregon Tripped Up in Quarterfinals at Pac-12 Championships
- Preseason Camp Preview: Quarterback
- Irvin Opts Not To Sign, Will Return To Ducks For 2016
- Ducks Tally More Academic Awards
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks