LOS ANGELES, Calif.- The No. 43 University of Oregon men’s tennis team fell to the No. 2 UCLA Bruins 7-0 Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles, Calif. The Ducks fall to 16-6 overall and 2-4 in Pac-12 play, while UCLA advances to 20-1 overall and 6-0 in conference play.
Oregon’s No. 56 ranked duo of Robin Cambier and Jeff Mullen fell to No. 38 Marcos Giron and Dennis Novikov 8-5 in the top spot, while Aaron Clissold and Daniel Sardu dropped their match on Court 2 to No. 50 Adrien Puget and Karue Sell. On Court 3, Daan Maasland and Alex Rovello lost to Dennis Mkrtchian and Clay Thompson 8-5.
The Ducks did not enjoy any more success in the singles portion of the dual match, as the Bruins won on all six courts. No. 32 Novikov topped Cambier 6-1, 6-1 on Court 1, while No. 18 Giron defeated Mullen 6-1, 7-6(5) on Court, and No. 20 Puget beat Maasland 6-4, 6-3 on Court 3. Rovello dropped his match to Thompson 7-6(3), 6-4 in the fourth spot, while Clissold fell to Sell 6-2, 7-6(5). Lova Randriamampandry lost to Maxime Tabatruong 6-1, 6-1 in the final spot for the Ducks.
Oregon returns to action on Saturday, April 20th when it hosts the Washington Huskies at the UO Student Tennis Center. The match is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. Admission to the match is free.
No. 43 Men's Tennis Drops Match Against No. 2 UCLA
Release Date: 04/13/2013
- Ducks Continue Pac-12 Play with Stanford and Cal
- Maasland Defeats Ranked Foe In 6-1 Loss To USC
- Ducks Unable to Take Down No. 15 UCLA on the Road
- Ducks Face So Cal Schools To Kick Off Pac-12 Competition
- UO Concludes Non-Conference Play With Emphatic 7-0 Win
- Takeda Taken in NPF Draft
- Lockie Leads Quarterbacks Into "New Day In Oregon Football"
- As Ducks Flourish, Familiar Faces Crop Up In Opposing Dugouts
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks