LOS ANGELES, Calif.- The No. 43 University of Oregon men’s tennis team fell to the No. 2 UCLA Bruins 7-0 Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles, Calif. The Ducks fall to 16-6 overall and 2-4 in Pac-12 play, while UCLA advances to 20-1 overall and 6-0 in conference play.
Oregon’s No. 56 ranked duo of Robin Cambier and Jeff Mullen fell to No. 38 Marcos Giron and Dennis Novikov 8-5 in the top spot, while Aaron Clissold and Daniel Sardu dropped their match on Court 2 to No. 50 Adrien Puget and Karue Sell. On Court 3, Daan Maasland and Alex Rovello lost to Dennis Mkrtchian and Clay Thompson 8-5.
The Ducks did not enjoy any more success in the singles portion of the dual match, as the Bruins won on all six courts. No. 32 Novikov topped Cambier 6-1, 6-1 on Court 1, while No. 18 Giron defeated Mullen 6-1, 7-6(5) on Court, and No. 20 Puget beat Maasland 6-4, 6-3 on Court 3. Rovello dropped his match to Thompson 7-6(3), 6-4 in the fourth spot, while Clissold fell to Sell 6-2, 7-6(5). Lova Randriamampandry lost to Maxime Tabatruong 6-1, 6-1 in the final spot for the Ducks.
Oregon returns to action on Saturday, April 20th when it hosts the Washington Huskies at the UO Student Tennis Center. The match is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. Admission to the match is free.
No. 43 Men's Tennis Drops Match Against No. 2 UCLA
Release Date: 04/13/2013
- Registration is Open for UO Camps
- Tennis Announces Spring Schedule
- Schyllander Signs Oregonian to NLI
- UO Signs Aussie, Cormac Clissold
- Maasland Wins Singles Title at PNW in Seattle, Wash.
- While Preparing to Battle at Rose Bowl, Ducks and Seminoles Team Up to Fight Rare Disease
- Anderson On Rockies 40-Man Roster
- Oregon Enjoys Steady Diet of Success at Receiver Under Matt Lubick
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks