ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Tallying its fifth shutout of the season, the University of Oregon men's tennis team made quick work of Pacific (2-2) Sunday in Albuquerque, N.M. The No. 51 Ducks (7-1) defeated the Tigers, 4-0, at the Linda Estes Tennis Complex.
Oregon claimed the doubles point and won three singles matches to clinch the win. The Ducks have won four straight matches.
"The guys put their hard hats on and went to work today," said head coach Nils Schyllander. "It was a good result. We played a very sound match."
The Ducks claimed the No. 1 and 3 doubles matches en route to winning the doubles point for the sixth time this season. Senior Robin Cambier and sophomore Kevin Farin defeated Marlon Brand and Daniel Alameh, 8-4, in the top position. Cambier and Farin are 12-2 this season in doubles.
Oregon won No. 1, 3, and 5 singles to clinch the team victory and leave three remaining matches unfinished.
Cambier improved his singles win streak to seven matches, defeating Sem Verbeek, 7-5, 6-0, in No. 1 singles. Cambier collected his second win against a ranked foe as Verbeek is nationally ranked No. 105 by the ITA in singles. The Brussels, Belgium, native is now one victory away from tying the program record for all-time singles wins (84).
Farin defeated Pacific's Denis Stolyarov in straight sets at the No. 3 positions. Farin improved to 12-4 in singles after besting Stolyarov, 6-3, 6-3.
Amos improved to 11-3 this season in singles, defeating Miguel Diaz, 6-2, 7-5, at the No. 5 positions. Amos is on a four-match singles win streak.
The Ducks are a combined 36-5 (.878) in singles and 15-3 (.833) in doubles this spring.
Oregon returns to action tomorrow, meeting New Mexico (8-2) at 10 a.m. (PT) at the Linda Estes Tennis Complex. The Lobos defeated Pacific, 4-2, yesterday.
Oregon (7-1) 4, Pacific (2-2) 0
1. Cambier/Farin (UO) Brand/Alameh (PAC) 8-4
2. Swaysland/Maasland (UO) vs. Diaz/Verbeek (PAC) DNF, 4-7
3. Amos/Sardu (UO) def. Cederwall/Stolyarov (PAC) 8-4
1. Robin Cambier (UO) def. Sem Verbeek (PAC) 7-5, 6-0
2. Daan Maasland (UO) vs. Daniel Alameh (PAC) DNF, 7-6, 4-1
3. Kevin Farin (UO) def. Denis Stolyarov (PAC) 6-3, 6-3
4. Daniel Sardu (UO) vs. Ben Mirkin (PAC), DNF 6-1, 3-6, 2-1
5. Jayson Amos (UO) vs. Miguel Diaz (PAC) 6-2, 7-5
6. Brent Chin (UO) vs. Marlon Brand (PAC) DNF, 7-5, 2-5