Ducks Crack ITA National Rankings
Release Date: 03/15/2011
EUGENE – The Oregon women’s tennis team’s upset win over Washington last week has garnered the Ducks some national attention in the latest national rankings.
UO is making its season debut in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association team rankings, checking in at No. 54 in the weekly rankings, which were released on Tuesday.
Oregon is 7-6 on the season after defeating then No. 19 Washington, 4-3, in Eugene, Ore., last Friday. The win was the Ducks’ first over a top-25 opponent since March 22, 2005 when they dropped the 16th-ranked Huskies.
This is Oregon’s highest ranking since being ranked 46th in the March 3, 2009 rankings.
The Ducks’ top singles player, Pavlina Smatova, continues to move up the national rankings as well. The Plzen, Czech Republic native jumped 21 spots to 79th in this week’s singles rankings after beginning the season unranked.
Oregon also received accolades from the Pac-10 this week as junior Trudie du Toit was named the Pac-10 Women’s Tennis Player of the Week after putting the finishing touches on Oregon’s win over Washington with a three-set comeback victory over UW’s Vanja Radunovic.
The Ducks return to the court on March 21 when they travel to No. 58 Boise State.
- Silverio Inks Second Five-Star Recruit
- Silverio Signs Daniela Nasser as First Recruit to NLI
- Women’s Tennis Finishes Strong at Bulldog Classic
- Ducks Dominant in Opening Round of Bulldog Classic
- Ducks Wrap Up Fall Season at Bulldog Classic
- Chandler Scores 13 In UO Debut to Help Ducks beat Northridge
- Roesler Makes History, Wins The Bowerman Trophy
- O Heroes Fall 2014 Recap
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks