Toreros Trip Ducks, 6-1
Release Date: 04/09/2011
With two duals left in the regular season, the Ducks fall to 7-13 overall.
Patricia Skowronski recorded her 13th victory of the season when her singles match against Josymar Escalona was cut short in the first set with Skowronski leading 5-4.
At the top singles spot, 116th-ranked Pavlina Smatova suffered a tight three-set defeat at the hands of No. 75 Stephanie Hoffpauir. Smatova won the second set to send the match to a super tiebreaker, but it was Hoffpauir who squeezed out the win (6-2, 3-6, 1-0 [10-8]).
The Toreros swept the doubles point to start the day, beginning with an 8-0 win at No. 3. USD clinched the first point when top pairing Hoffpauir and Juliette Coupez (No. 63 nationally) edged past Smatova and Skowronski, 8-6, at the top spot.
San Diego claimed the other four singles matches in straight sets to secure the win.
Oregon returns to Eugene for its final two duals of the regular season next weekend, beginning with its Pac-10 finale against Washington State on April 16.
- Ducks Grounded by Pilots, 4-3
- Ducks Look to Keep Rolling Against Portland
- Ducks Win Fourth Straight in Sweep of SCU
- Oregon Takes Down UCSB, 5-2
- Ducks Fly South to Santa Barbara
- UO vs. UC Santa Barbara Match Canceled
- Notes: Ducks Meet WSU in First Round of Pac-12 Tournament
- Ducks Go For Green at Gill
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks