Toreros Trip Ducks, 6-1
Release Date: 04/09/2011
With two duals left in the regular season, the Ducks fall to 7-13 overall.
Patricia Skowronski recorded her 13th victory of the season when her singles match against Josymar Escalona was cut short in the first set with Skowronski leading 5-4.
At the top singles spot, 116th-ranked Pavlina Smatova suffered a tight three-set defeat at the hands of No. 75 Stephanie Hoffpauir. Smatova won the second set to send the match to a super tiebreaker, but it was Hoffpauir who squeezed out the win (6-2, 3-6, 1-0 [10-8]).
The Toreros swept the doubles point to start the day, beginning with an 8-0 win at No. 3. USD clinched the first point when top pairing Hoffpauir and Juliette Coupez (No. 63 nationally) edged past Smatova and Skowronski, 8-6, at the top spot.
San Diego claimed the other four singles matches in straight sets to secure the win.
Oregon returns to Eugene for its final two duals of the regular season next weekend, beginning with its Pac-10 finale against Washington State on April 16.
- Women's Tennis Signs Kahfiani
- Kluiving, Tobita Named to All-Academic Team
- Gomez Invited to 2016 NCAA Career in Sports Forum
- Ducks Bow Out of Pac-12 Championships
- Oregon Finishes Day One in Ojai
- Cheserek Named Bowerman Finalist
- Ducks lead way for LGBT inclusion
- Prakel Named Academic All-American
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks