Toreros Trip Ducks, 6-1
Release Date: 04/09/2011
With two duals left in the regular season, the Ducks fall to 7-13 overall.
Patricia Skowronski recorded her 13th victory of the season when her singles match against Josymar Escalona was cut short in the first set with Skowronski leading 5-4.
At the top singles spot, 116th-ranked Pavlina Smatova suffered a tight three-set defeat at the hands of No. 75 Stephanie Hoffpauir. Smatova won the second set to send the match to a super tiebreaker, but it was Hoffpauir who squeezed out the win (6-2, 3-6, 1-0 [10-8]).
The Toreros swept the doubles point to start the day, beginning with an 8-0 win at No. 3. USD clinched the first point when top pairing Hoffpauir and Juliette Coupez (No. 63 nationally) edged past Smatova and Skowronski, 8-6, at the top spot.
San Diego claimed the other four singles matches in straight sets to secure the win.
Oregon returns to Eugene for its final two duals of the regular season next weekend, beginning with its Pac-10 finale against Washington State on April 16.
- Silverio Inks Second Five-Star Recruit
- Silverio Signs Daniela Nasser as First Recruit to NLI
- Women’s Tennis Finishes Strong at Bulldog Classic
- Ducks Dominant in Opening Round of Bulldog Classic
- Ducks Wrap Up Fall Season at Bulldog Classic
- Oregon's Rally Falls Short vs. Fresno State
- Ducks Close Out Busy Slate with UCSB
- New Lineup Sparks Ducks to Victory Over Delaware State, 83-70
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks