Du Toit Tabbed Pac-10 Player of the Week
Release Date: 03/14/2011
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. – Junior Trudie du Toit from the Oregon women’s tennis team was named Pac-10 Women’s Tennis Player of the Week, Commissioner Larry Scott announced on Monday.
The Vancouver, British Columbia native had a clutch performance over the weekend, picking up the Ducks’ clinching singles win in a 4-3 upset of No. 20 Washington last Friday. After dropping her first set against UW’s Vanja Radunovic, du Toit rallied by taking the final 12 games to give UO its first win over a top-25 opponent since defeating No. 16 Washington on March 22, 2005.
Oregon moved to 7-6 in dual play with the victory. This is the first time du Toit has been named Pac-10 Player of the Week in her career. She is also the first Duck to receive the conference award this season.
Du Toit and the Ducks return to action on March 21 when they take on Boise State.
- Ducks Fall in Doubles Bracket
- Rose, Kluiving Pick Up Wins in Ojai
- Ducks Head to Ojai for Pac-12 Championships
- Silverio Finishes First Year with Top-25 Recruiting Class
- Ducks Send Seniors Off With 5-2 Win
- Preseason Camp Preview: Running Backs
- Volleyball Bonds In "The Program"
- Preseason Camp Preview: Quarterback
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks