Du Toit Tabbed Pac-10 Player of the Week
Release Date: 03/14/2011
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. – Junior Trudie du Toit from the Oregon women’s tennis team was named Pac-10 Women’s Tennis Player of the Week, Commissioner Larry Scott announced on Monday.
The Vancouver, British Columbia native had a clutch performance over the weekend, picking up the Ducks’ clinching singles win in a 4-3 upset of No. 20 Washington last Friday. After dropping her first set against UW’s Vanja Radunovic, du Toit rallied by taking the final 12 games to give UO its first win over a top-25 opponent since defeating No. 16 Washington on March 22, 2005.
Oregon moved to 7-6 in dual play with the victory. This is the first time du Toit has been named Pac-10 Player of the Week in her career. She is also the first Duck to receive the conference award this season.
Du Toit and the Ducks return to action on March 21 when they take on Boise State.
- Upset-Minded Ducks Fall Short in Loss to No. 4 UCLA, 5-2
- Rose Shines in Loss Against Top-Ranked USC
- Ducks Set to Host Top-Ranked LA Teams
- Ducks Grind Out Win in Boulder
- Ducks Clipped by Utes, 5-2
- Big Inning Dooms Ducks
- Woo, McIver Paces UO in Final Round
- Maasland Defeats Ranked Foe In 6-1 Loss To USC
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks