Women's Tennis Sends Three to ITA All-American
Release Date: 09/26/2012
Seniors Patricia Skowronski and Julia Metzger and sophomore Sofia Hager will be the three representing Oregon at the tournament.
“We haven’t had anybody in the All-American in a few years, so we were pretty happy to have them selected to compete,” said assistant coach Maja Kovacek. “They prepared really well and have been getting ready for this big tournament for a while. It’s a great opportunity for them to play some ranked teams and players and try to get ahead in those rankings. The high level of competition will help us see where we stack up at the beginning of the year.”
In doubles, Skowronski and Hager are ranked as the number 23 team in the nation after impressive victories over the number one and four teams in the nation last season. The ranking also makes them the fourth highest ranked team in the region behind two teams from California and one from Stanford. Metzger is Oregon's only singles player ranked in the top 100 as she came in at number 92 in the rankings.
All three girls will compete in the singles pre-qualifying round on Saturday and Sunday before the qualifying round for singles begins on Tuesday.
Skowronski and Metzger will compete in the qualifying round for doubles, which starts on Tuesday, while Hagar will team with Skowronski to compete in the qualifying draw as only the top 19 teams receive a direct entry to the main draw.
Check back on GoDucks.com for daily updates on the Ducks’ performance.
- Ducks Bow Out of Pac-12 Championships
- Oregon Finishes Day One in Ojai
- Ducks Set for Pac-12 Championships in Ojai
- Ducks Drop Regular Season Finale to Loyola Marymount
- Ducks Fall at Long Beach State, 5-2
- Ducks Finish Day One at the Pac-12 Championship
- Top-Ranked Trojans Too Much for Ducks
- Spring Game to celebrate 100th anniversary of UO's first Rose Bowl team with throwback uniforms
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks