Alex Breiner from the Oregon lacrosse team was tabbed the Mount Pacific Sports Federation’s Player of the Week, the league office announced on Monday.EUGENE – Senior midfielder
Breiner accounted for over a third of the Ducks’ offense, finishing with 11 points out of UO’s 32 goals over the weekend. The senior recorded a career-high seven points in Friday’s MPSF win at California, netting four goals and dishing out three assists in a 16-14 win. In Sunday’s tilt at St. Mary’s, Breiner tied for the team lead by pouring in four points on two goals and two assists.
The Alexandria, Va., native leads Oregon with 42 points, 32 of which have come in the past eight games. She also ranks third on UO’s career scoring list with 159 points. This is the first time Breiner has earned the weekly honor in her career.
Breiner and the Ducks are 3-0 in MPSF play and take on No. 7 Stanford in a battle for league supremacy at Pape’ Field on Friday. Opening draw is at 3 p.m.
Breiner Named MPSF Player of the Week
Release Date: 04/11/2011
- Five Ducks Named to IWLCA Honor Roll
- Ducks Named Academic Honor Squad
- 11 Ducks Named to All-Academic Team
- Morris Named to All-Tournament Team
- Ducks Eliminated from MPSF Tournament
- Cabral Hits 110 PR in Beijing
- Oregon Volleyball Season Begins With Long Road Trip
- Ducks Return Home To Host USF and Fresno State in Weekend Matches
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks