Saint Mary's Hands Oregon Loss In Opener
Release Date: 11/11/2012
Oregon was led offensively by junior Danielle Love who tallied a team-best 13 points. Sophomores Jordan Loera and Lexi Petersen each had 11 points. Freshman Jillian Alleyne contributed nine points and a team-best 10 rebounds.
The Ducks registered 19 assists to their 26 made baskets, with senior Laura Stanulis dishing out a team-high eight assists. Stanulis also led the team in steals with four.
Oregon struggled from the floor making just 30.6 percent (26-of-85) of its field goal attempts. The Ducks were 13-of-45 (28.9 percent) on 3-pointers.
Saint Mary’s shot 40.3 percent (27-of-67) overall from the field, including 46.9 percent (15-of-32) in the first half. SMC jumped out to a 41-32 halftime lead after starting the game with that high shooting percentage. The second half was played even, 37-37, with the Gaels' nine-point first-half lead being the difference in the game.
SMC shot 17 more free throws than UO, making 19-of-23 for 82.6 percent. The Ducks were limited to just 4-of-6 (66.7 percent) from the charity stripe.
Saint Mary’s also held a 56-42 edge in rebounding which led to advantages in second chance points (19-11) and points in the paint (38-22).
Danielle Mauldin had 20 points and 16 rebounds to lead Saint Mary’s, one of five Gaels to score in double figures. Morgan Hatten also registered a double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds for SMC.
Oregon (0-1) returns to action Thursday, Nov. 15 with a home game against Portland State. Tip-time is scheduled for 7 p.m. (PT) at Matt Arena.
- Oregon Athletics Black Friday through Cyber Monday Deals
- UO Student-Athlete Graduation Success Rate Up 1 Percent
- Photo Album: Gameday with athletics director Rob Mullens
- Ducks Most Economically Efficient Among Power 5 Schools
- Leo Harris, Becky Sisley Award Winners Named
- Peterson Earns First 'W' As Ducks Make It Two Straight At No. 22 UCSB
- Oregon's Home Opener Spoiled by San Diego State
- Pepperdine Comes Back and Wins 4-3 Over UO
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks