Ducks Win 80-69 Over Portland State
Release Date: 11/12/2012
Three Ducks scored in double figures led by freshman guard Dominic Artis with 16. Senior forward Carlos Emory contributed 15 points in 19 minutes while freshman swingman Damyean Dotson finished with 12 points. Junior Waverly Austin added nine points on 4 of 6 shooting.
Freshman forward Ben Carter led UO in rebounds with seven, while Austin and Dotson grabbed six each. Senior point guard Johnathan Loyd led the Ducks with five assists.
Defensively, Artis and Dotson recorded three steals each, while Austin blocked two shots and had one steal. Senior E.J. Singler also had a block and a steal of his own.
Oregon shot 47.4% from three-point range compared to PSU’s 36.4% and outshot the Vikings 49.1% to 45.3% from the field.
The game was scoreless nearly two minutes into the game, but Oregon never trailed, thanks to great scoring and energy off the bench. In total, Oregon’s bench scored 43 of the team’s 80 points.
Portland State stayed within striking range for a good portion of the second half, but was never able to overcome the mostly double-digit deficit. An emphatic alley-oop from Artis to Emory with two minutes remaining in the game put the Ducks up 78-64 and put the exclamation point on the match.
UO outrebounded PSU 35-24 and scored ten points on fast breaks compared to their opponents’ two.
The Ducks return to Matthew Knight Arena on Friday to face Vanderbilt at 8:00 p.m.
RELATED VIDEOVIEW MORE VIDEOS ›
- Oregon Athletics Black Friday through Cyber Monday Deals
- UO Student-Athlete Graduation Success Rate Up 1 Percent
- Photo Album: Gameday with athletics director Rob Mullens
- Ducks Most Economically Efficient Among Power 5 Schools
- Leo Harris, Becky Sisley Award Winners Named
- Struggles On Diamond Continue With 6-4 Loss To Portland
- After A Year Away, Addison Happy To Be Back In Action
- Ducks No. 1 in Both Top-25 Polls
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks