About PK Park
PK Park opened on Feb. 27, 2009 to a soldout crowd and a thrilling 1-0 victory over the 2008 defending College World Series champion Fresno State Bulldogs.
PK Park embodies the excitement and ambition of the Ducks’ newly-resurrected baseball program.
Fans won’t have to miss a single pitch at PK Park, which is designed around a single, open concourse that provides incredible views to the entire playing field. Continuing the tradition of the University’s top-quality athletic facilities, designers also incorporated festival areas between PK Park and Autzen Stadium, offering fans a place to gather and celebrate the Ducks’ success.
PK Park is equipped with a full home locker room and players’ lounge, as well as a state-of-the-art video board.
The John Conrad Pressbox features four radio/television broadcast booths, an audio/visual game operations booth, and a large press area. There are also eight fully-loaded luxury suites with indoor and outdoor seating.
Creating one of the most ADA compliant stadiums in the country, the park is fully accessible with ramps and seating at both the concourse and field level.
The park has specially designed lighting structures. From the ground level, it is 47 feet 10 inches to the top of the facility, enhancing the intimacy for the Oregon baseball team and spectators.
Eugene architect firm Cameron, McCarthy, Gilbert & Scheibe was the lead landscape architectural firm on the first phase of construction, with Larry Gilbert leading the project.
The field is made of an all-weather baseball specific FieldTurf, with clay mounds and bullpens. FieldTurf is the leading provider of collegiate baseball synthetic turf and has been installing similar products at college ballparks around the country.
- Total capacity of 4,000; including 3,000 fixed seats, tiered party plaza named “Fowl Territory”, picnic plaza, and 8 upper level suites
- Sing, open concourse with great views of the entire synthetic turf playing field
- Entry plazas, walkways, and in-stadium concourse serve as festival areas for other events at Autzen Stadium complex
- Features an intimate seating bowl with large overhead canopy to protect spectators, numerous fan amenities, suites, press facilities, team locker and training facilities, storage, and dynamic entry plazas that tie into the overall Autzen Stadium complex
- Designed to meet State of Oregon Energy-Efficient Design guidelines (SEED) and the University of Oregon Sustainable Development Plan
- Future expansion plan allows for additional 16 suites and expandable seating bowl
- The park includes a state-of-the-art video board
- The surface is an all-weather baseball specific FieldTurf product, with clay mounds and bullpens.
PK Park Fun Facts
“We have designed PK Park with all the features and amenities necessary to help the University of Oregon baseball program quickly establish itself as a regular on the ‘Road to Omaha’. The Ducks’ passionate fans will find their new ballpark to be one of the best places in the country to cheer on their favorite team,” said Greg Garlock, Designer and Principal with DLR Group.